President Ferdinand E. Marcos delivering one of his many speeches. He is known to have been a great orator gifted with a deep, booming baritone.
History may not record what we say. But it will record what we do. Let us now discard the pernicious habits of the past.
I hope and pray that the high-minded and noble responsibility of lawmaking will prevail over partisanship and personal ambition.
To change their lives men must first change themselves. The challenge of nation-building is first of all a call to character-building.
It is the business of a free people to develop habits proper to freedom to be purposeful, active, energetic and strong. We must at the very least, continue the pace that has been set in the past two years, the pace and tempo that mark a nation of achievers.
Thus may our people achieve their own development and write their own story of nation-building.
Excerpt taken from President Marcos’ Third State of the Nation Address. Learn more through the SONA interactive timeline.
A picture worth a thousand words.
- poorslobwithout-a-name reblogged this from malacanan
- do-it-kid likes this
- anal-fuck reblogged this from malacanan
- my-sex-stories reblogged this from malacanan
- dreamsaredangerousthings reblogged this from malacanan
- dreamsaredangerousthings likes this
- pistachio-esque reblogged this from aieos
- reinforcedthoughts reblogged this from aieos
- reinforcedthoughts likes this
- hellohistoria likes this
- pirateologist likes this
- neonvyolet reblogged this from aieos
- aldrichlim likes this
- toynbeeconvector reblogged this from malacanan and added:
- kirbyaraullo reblogged this from malacanan
- marvinmatic likes this
- a--lost--cat likes this
- luvthelight likes this
- jpbattery01 likes this
- ronniewonnie likes this
- post-lust likes this
- odditiesoflife likes this
- hurrizzle likes this
- michaelsullesta reblogged this from malacanan
- michaelsullesta likes this
- iambanjaters likes this
- centimosa likes this
- evexjux likes this
- aieos reblogged this from keeweelovesu
- keeweelovesu reblogged this from malacanan
- malacanan posted this